The McAteer Tennis Courts at Stern Grove will be out of commission for quite awhile as they repair the hillside damage in the Grove from the water main break.
As a result, Pickleball venue options have recently expanded and we have the following updates courtesy of the SF Rec & Park Dept (RPD):
- Parkside Square (2680 28th Ave at Vicente) across the SG canyon from the McAteer courts.
- This 4 tennis court complex will be painted with 8 pickleball court lines. Painting date is Fri, Oct 8.
- Drop-in reservations for Pickleball will be DAILY from 12 noon – 3 PM on courts 1 & 2 (i.e. 4 PB courts reserved for drop-in play). Start date is Sat, Oct 9 (paint job permitting).
- Courts 1-4 will be on RPD’s Spotery tennis reservation system outside drop-in hours. Bring your own net.
- A net storage box is onsite to support drop-in play sessions.
- There is a convenient bathroom.
- Rossi Playground (600 Arguello Blvd at Anza)
- Two of the 3 tennis courts have been already dual-lined and the third court will soon be painted for a total of 6 pickleball courts behind the pool building.
- Currently open for walk-on play; NO court reservations. RPD taking comments on adding Rossi to the Spotery reservation system.
- You must bring your own net/balls.
- Richmond Playground (149 18th Ave. near Lake St.)
- One tennis court has been dual-lined to make 2 pickleball courts
- No reservations. You must being your own net.
Plus more INDOOR options:
- Richmond Rec Center (251 18th Ave. near California St.)
- Indoor gym play on Sat from 9:30 AM – Noon
- 4 courts. Already started in September – good play!
- Hamilton Rec Center (1900 Geary Blvd at Steiner St,)
- Indoor gym play TU and TH from 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
- 2 courts. Play begins Oct 12.
NOW GET OUT & PLAY !!